Alaska Statutes Title 24. Legislature and Lobbying § 24.55.190. Procedure after investigation
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Alaska Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The ombudsman shall report the opinion and recommendations of the ombudsman to an agency if the ombudsman finds, after investigation, that
(1) a matter should be further considered by the agency;
(2) an administrative act should be modified or cancelled;
(3) a statute or regulation on which an administrative act is based should be altered;
(4) reasons should be given for an administrative act;
(5) any other action should be taken by the agency;
(6) there are no grounds for action by the agency; or
(7) the agency's act was arbitrary or capricious, constituted an abuse of discretion, or was otherwise erroneous or not in accordance with the law.
(b) The ombudsman may request the agency to notify the ombudsman, within a specified time, of any action taken on the recommendations.
(c) The report provided under (a) of this section is confidential and may not be disclosed to the public by the agency. The ombudsman may disclose the report under AS 24.55.200 only after providing notice that the investigation has been concluded
(1) to the agency; and
(2) if the investigation was conducted in response to a complaint, to the complainant under AS 24.55.210.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 24. Legislature and Lobbying § 24.55.190. Procedure after investigation - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-24-legislature-and-lobbying/ak-st-sect-24-55-190/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?