Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In this chapter,
(1) “health care service” means a service rendered to an individual for diagnosis, relief, or treatment of an injury, ailment, or bodily condition;
(2) “hospital service corporation” means a service corporation that principally provides hospital services;
(3) “medical service corporation” means a service corporation that principally provides medical or surgical services;
(4) Repealed by SLA 2016, ch. 33, § 60, eff. July 1, 2016.
(5) “participant hospital” is one that has entered into a service agreement with a service corporation;
(6) “participant provider” means a provider who has entered into a service agreement with a service corporation;
(7) “physician” includes also “surgeon;”
(8) “provider” means a physician, dentist, osteopath, optometrist, chiropractor, certified nurse midwife, or other licensed health care practitioner;
(9) “service agreement” is a contract between a service corporation and a provider or hospital under which the provider or hospital agrees to render all or part of one or more health care services to subscribers of the service corporation;
(10) “service corporation” means a corporation providing all or part of one or more health care services for subscribers in exchange for periodic prepayments in identifiable amount by or as to the subscribers;
(11) “subscriber's contract” is that between the service corporation and its subscriber under which all or part of one or more health care services is to be rendered to or on behalf of the subscriber by a participant provider or hospital that has entered into a service agreement with the corporation covering the services.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 21. Insurance § 21.87.330. Definitions - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-21-insurance/ak-st-sect-21-87-330/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.