Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The department shall adopt regulations governing the following:
(1) the establishment of ground radio transmitters, adapted to the use of phone or code, of the power and on the frequencies needed, and for which permits can be obtained from the Federal Communications Commission, at or in the cities of Ketchikan, Juneau, Cordova, Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Nome, or as many of the cities as the department considers necessary for thorough communications coverage;
(2) the establishment of schedules for operation of the ground stations, together with the necessary arrangements for the stations to receive weather and other data available through other communication agencies;
(3) the use of the ground stations for commercial purposes, other than aviation, where no other communications service is available, provided that commercial use shall be limited to communications to the nearest United States Signal Corps station, or to its destination where no Signal Corps station is located;
(4) other uses to which the ground stations can be put, on the frequencies, and under the licenses, on which they are authorized to operate;
(5) the proper protection of the records of the proceedings of the department and the filing and publicizing of its regulations so that they are accessible to and generally known by the interested public;
(6) the fixing of tolls to be charged for use of ground stations for commercial purposes, and the manner and method of accounting for the tolls;
(7) the establishment of additional radio telephone stations, or the relocation of stations already established, which, in the opinion of the department are necessary, and from which the benefits and advantages expected to be derived, justify the cost of installation and maintenance.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 2. Aeronautics § 02.10.040. Regulations governing radio ground stations - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-2-aeronautics/ak-st-sect-02-10-040/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.