Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In carrying out its duties under AS 18.23.300, the department shall
(1) in accordance with federal recommendations, determine the manner in which the system is developed and operated;
(2) provide oversight and technical assistance needed for planning and implementing the system;
(3) authorize and facilitate applications for available federal funding for planning and implementing the system;
(4) ensure compliance with applicable federal and state health information policies and standards;
(5) ensure compliance with federal and state law and standards that safeguard the privacy and security of health information;
(6) ensure that the health information exchange system becomes self-sustaining through a combination of user fees and other private and public funding sources.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 18. Health, Safety, Housing, Human Rights, and Public Defender § 18.23.305. Department; duties - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-18-health-safety-housing-human-rights-and-public-defender/ak-st-sect-18-23-305/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.