Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The department is authorized to collect, analyze, and maintain databases of information related to
(1) risk factors identified for conditions of public health importance;
(2) morbidity and mortality rates for conditions of public health importance;
(3) community indicators relevant to conditions of public health importance;
(4) longitudinal data on traumatic or acquired brain injury from the registry established under AS 47.80.500(c)(1);
(5) health care services and price information collected under AS 18.23.400; and
(6) any other data needed to accomplish or further the mission or goals of public health or provide essential public health services and functions.
(b) The department is authorized to obtain information from federal, state, and local governmental agencies, Alaska Native organizations, health care providers, pre-hospital emergency medical services, or other private and public organizations operating in the state. The department may also use information available from other governmental and private sources, reports of hospital discharge data, information included in death certificates, other vital statistics, environmental data, and public information. The department may request information from and inspect health care records maintained by health care providers that identify individuals or characteristics of individuals with reportable diseases or other conditions of public health importance.
(c) The department may collect information to establish and maintain a comprehensive vaccination registry to aid, coordinate, and promote effective and cost-efficient disease prevention and control efforts in the state.
(d) The department may not acquire identifiable health information under this section without complying with the provisions of AS 18.15.355--18.15.395 and regulations adopted under those statutes.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 18. Health, Safety, Housing, Human Rights, and Public Defender § 18.15.360. Data collection - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-18-health-safety-housing-human-rights-and-public-defender/ak-st-sect-18-15-360/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.