Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, except as otherwise provided in this chapter, the following acts, by persons 21 years of age or older, are lawful and are not criminal or civil offenses under state law or the law of any political subdivision of the state or a basis for seizure or forfeiture of assets under state law:
(1) possessing, using, displaying, purchasing, or transporting marijuana accessories or one ounce or less of marijuana;
(2) possessing, growing, processing, or transporting not more than six marijuana plants, with three or fewer being mature, flowering plants, and possession of the marijuana produced by the plants on the premises where the plants were grown, except that not more than 12 marijuana plants, with six or fewer being mature, flowering plants, may be present in a single dwelling regardless of the number of persons 21 years of age or older residing in the dwelling;
(3) transferring one ounce or less of marijuana and up to six immature marijuana plants to a person who is 21 years of age or older without remuneration;
(4) consumption of marijuana, except that nothing in this chapter permits the consumption of marijuana in public; and
(5) assisting, aiding, or supporting another person who is 21 years of age or older in any of the acts described in (1)--(4) of this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 17. Food and Drugs § 17.38.020. Personal use of marijuana - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-17-food-and-drugs/ak-st-sect-17-38-020.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.