Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) An advance college tuition savings contract must set out or include by reference to the plan
(1) the name and date of birth of the purchaser and the beneficiary under the contract;
(2) the number of advance college tuition credits purchased under the contract;
(3) the terms and conditions under which the contract may be terminated and refunds made;
(4) the assumption of a contractual obligation by the board to provide funding for specified education benefits for the beneficiary in accordance with the terms of the plan;
(5) the period of time during which the beneficiary may receive the benefits of the contract; and
(6) other terms and conditions the board determines to be appropriate or that are required under 26 U.S.C. (Internal Revenue Code).
(b) An advance college tuition savings contract may be terminated
(1) if the board determines that the number of purchasers is insufficient to maintain the fund on an actuarially sound basis; or
(2) under other circumstances determined by the board and set out in the advance tuition savings contract or in the plan.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums § 14.40.811. Advance college tuition savings contracts - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-14-education-libraries-and-museums/ak-st-sect-14-40-811/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.