Skip to main content

Wyoming Statutes Title 31. Motor Vehicles § 31-5-960. Pedestrian vehicles

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Every pedestrian vehicle operated upon a highway shall be equipped with the following equipment:

(i) A horn meeting the requirements of W.S. 31-5-952(a);

(ii) At least one (1) headlamp of either a single-beam or multiple-beam type which shall be of sufficient intensity to reveal a person or a vehicle at a distance of not less than one hundred (100) feet when operated at any speed less than twenty-five (25) miles per hour;

(iii) Two (2) tail lamps which shall be so wired as to be lighted whenever the headlamp is lighted and which, when lighted, shall emit a red light plainly visible from a distance of at least one hundred (100) feet to the rear;

(iv) Rear stop lamps and turn signals conforming to the requirements of the superintendent;

(v) A brake which conforms to the performance requirements of W.S. 31-5-951;  and

(vi) A reflectorized flag mounted in a bracket permanently affixed to the vehicle.  The flag, when mounted, shall be visible from all directions at a height of not less than forty-eight (48) inches nor more than seventy-two (72) inches measured from the level ground upon which the vehicle stands and shall conform to the following requirements:

(A) Be constructed of durable, all-weather type material;

(B) Be orange in color;

(C) Be triangular in shape with a minimum base length of eight and one-half (8 1/2) inches and a minimum side length of eleven and one-half (11 1/2) inches.

Cite this article: - Wyoming Statutes Title 31. Motor Vehicles § 31-5-960. Pedestrian vehicles - last updated December 01, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard