Skip to main content

Wyoming Statutes Title 14. Children § 14-1-101. Age of majority;  rights on emancipation

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Upon becoming eighteen (18) years of age, an individual reaches the age of majority and as an adult acquires all rights and responsibilities granted or imposed by statute or common law, except as otherwise provided by law.

(b) A minor may consent to health care treatment to the same extent as if he were an adult when any one (1) or more of the following circumstances apply:

(i) The minor is or was legally married;

(ii) The minor is in the active military service of the United States;

(iii) The parents or guardian of the minor cannot with reasonable diligence be located and the minor's need for health care treatment is sufficiently urgent to require immediate attention;

(iv) The minor is living apart from his parents or guardian and is managing his own affairs regardless of his source of income;

(v) The minor is emancipated under W.S. 14-1-201 through 14-1-206;

(vi) The minor is twelve (12) years of age or older, is a smoker or user of tobacco products and the health care to which the minor consents is a tobacco cessation program approved by the department of health pursuant to W.S. 9-4-1204.

(c) The consent given pursuant to subsection (b) of this section is not subject to disaffirmance because of minority.

(d) Any competent adult may enter into a binding contract and shall be legally responsible therefor.

(e) A person who is at least eighteen (18) years of age may consent to donate and may donate blood.

Cite this article: - Wyoming Statutes Title 14. Children § 14-1-101. Age of majority;  rights on emancipation - last updated December 01, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard