West Virginia Code Chapter 31B. Uniform Limited Liability Company Act § 31B-8-807. Known claims against dissolved limited liability company
Search West Virginia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) A dissolved limited liability company may dispose of the known claims against it by following the procedure described in this section.
(b) A dissolved limited liability company shall notify its known claimants in writing of the dissolution. The notice must:
(1) Specify the information required to be included in a claim;
(2) Provide a mailing address where the claim is to be sent;
(3) State the deadline for receipt of the claim, which may not be less than one hundred twenty days after the date the written notice is received by the claimant; and
(4) State that the claim will be barred if not received by the deadline.
(c) A claim against a dissolved limited liability company is barred if the requirements of subsection (b) of this section are met, and:
(1) The claim is not received by the specified deadline; or
(2) In the case of a claim that is timely received but rejected by the dissolved company, the claimant does not commence a proceeding to enforce the claim within ninety days after the receipt of the notice of the rejection.
(d) For purposes of this section, “claim” does not include a contingent liability or a claim based on an event occurring after the effective date of dissolution.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - West Virginia Code Chapter 31B. Uniform Limited Liability Company Act § 31B-8-807. Known claims against dissolved limited liability company - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wv/chapter-31b-uniform-limited-liability-company-act/wv-code-sect-31b-8-807.html
Was this helpful?