Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a)(1) The Medication Assistive Person Advisory Committee is created as an advisory committee to the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses.
(2) The committee shall assist the board in implementing the provisions of this article regarding medication assistive persons.
(b) The board shall appoint six members who have the following qualifications:
(1) Two members shall be certified medication assistive persons;
(2) One member shall be a licensed nursing home administrator who has worked in that capacity for at least three years;
(3) One member shall be a registered nurse who has been in a practice using certified nurse aides for at least three years;
(4) One member shall be a lay person representing the interests of consumers of health care services; and
(5) One member shall be a nursing faculty member of a West Virginia nursing education program.
(c) Members shall serve three-year terms.
(d) The board may remove any committee member after notice and hearing for incapacity, incompetence, neglect of duty or malfeasance in office.
(e) The members of the committee shall serve without compensation but may receive expense reimbursement in accordance with applicable law or rule.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - West Virginia Code Chapter 30. Professions and Occupations § 30-7D-11. Medication Assistive Person Advisory Committee - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wv/chapter-30-professions-and-occupations/wv-code-sect-30-7d-11.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?