West Virginia Code Chapter 30. Professions and Occupations § 30-30-6. Rulemaking
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search West Virginia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The board shall propose rules for legislative approval, in accordance with article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, to implement this article, including:
(1) Additional standards and requirements for licenses and permits;
(2) Requirements for third parties to prepare and/or administer examinations and reexaminations;
(3) Educational and experience requirements;
(4) Standards for approval of courses and curriculum;
(5) Procedures for the issuance and renewal of licenses and permits;
(6) A fee schedule;
(7) Continuing education requirements for licensees;
(8) Qualifications for supervisors; providing type of required supervision; requirements that shall be included within a supervisory plan; and detailed periodic documentation and successful completion of supervision required;
(9) Baccalaureate degrees related to social work;
(10) Establish critical social work workforce shortage positions, setting, areas or fields of practice;
(11) Establishing credentialing guidelines identifying advanced social work practice in existing and emerging specializations, skills and settings;
(12) The procedures for denying, suspending, revoking, reinstating or limiting the practice of licensees and permitees;
(13) Requirements for inactive or revoked licenses and permits; and
(14) Any other rules necessary to implement this article.
(b) All of the board's rules in effect on January 1, 2011, shall remain in effect until they are amended or repealed, and references to former enactments of this article are interpreted to be consistent with this article.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - West Virginia Code Chapter 30. Professions and Occupations § 30-30-6. Rulemaking - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wv/chapter-30-professions-and-occupations/wv-code-sect-30-30-6.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?