West Virginia Code Chapter 30. Professions and Occupations § 30-23-6. Powers and duties of the board
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search West Virginia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The board has all the powers and duties set forth in this article, by rule, in article one of this chapter, and elsewhere in law.
(b) The board shall:
(1) Hold meetings, conduct hearings and administer examinations;
(2) Establish requirements for a license, apprentice license and permit;
(3) Establish procedures for submitting, approving and rejecting applications for a license, apprentice license and permit;
(4) Determine the qualifications of any applicant for a license, permit, certificate and registration;
(5) Provide standards for approved schools of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Technology, procedures for obtaining and maintaining approval, and procedures of revocation of approval where standards are not maintained: Provided, That the standards for approved schools meet at least the minimal requirements of the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist JRCERT, JRCNMT or standards determined programmatically equivalent by the board;
(6) Work with the West Virginia Board of Medicine to determine the scope of practice, the required education and training, and the type of regulations necessary for Radiologist Assistants;
(7) Prepare, conduct, administer and grade written, oral or written and oral examinations for a license, certificate and registration;
(8) Determine the passing grade for the examinations;
(9) Maintain records of the examinations the board or a third party administers, including the number of persons taking the examination and the pass and fail rate;
(10) Maintain an office, and hire, discharge, establish the job requirements and fix the compensation of employees and contract with persons necessary to enforce the provisions of this article;
(11) Investigate alleged violations of the provisions of this article, legislative rules, orders and final decisions of the board;
(12) Conduct disciplinary hearings of persons regulated by the board;
(13) Determine disciplinary action and issue orders;
(14) Institute appropriate legal action for the enforcement of the provisions of this article;
(15) Maintain an accurate registry of names and addresses of all persons regulated by the board;
(16) Keep accurate and complete records of its proceedings, and certify the same as may be necessary and appropriate;
(17) Establish, by legislative rule, the continuing education requirements for licensees, permittees, certificate holders and registrants; and
(18) Propose rules in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code to implement the provisions of this article.
(c) The board may:
(1) Contract with third parties to administer the examinations required under the provisions of this article;
(2) Define, by legislative rule, the fees charged under the provisions of this article;
(3) Issue, renew, deny, suspend, revoke or reinstate a license, permit, certificate and registration;
(4) Sue and be sued in its official name as an agency of this state;
(5) Confer with the Attorney General or his or her assistant in connection with legal matters and questions; and
(6) Take all other actions necessary and proper to effectuate the purposes of this article.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - West Virginia Code Chapter 30. Professions and Occupations § 30-23-6. Powers and duties of the board - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wv/chapter-30-professions-and-occupations/wv-code-sect-30-23-6.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?