West Virginia Code Chapter 30. Professions and Occupations § 30-20-8. License to practice physical therapy
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search West Virginia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) To be eligible for a license to engage in the practice of physical therapy, the applicant must:
(1) Submit an application to the board;
(2) Be at least eighteen years of age;
(3) Be of good moral character;
(4) Have graduated from an accredited school of physical therapy approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education or a successor organization;
(5) Pass a national examination as approved by the board;
(6) Not be an alcohol or drug abuser, as these terms are defined in section eleven, article one-a, chapter twenty-seven of this code: Provided, That an applicant in an active recovery process, which may, in the discretion of the board, be evidenced by participation in a twelve-step program or other similar group or process, may be considered;
(7) Not have been convicted of a felony in any jurisdiction within ten years preceding the date of application for license which conviction remains unreversed;
(8) Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony in any jurisdiction if the offense for which he or she was convicted related to the practice of physical therapy, which conviction remains unreversed; and
(9) Has fulfilled any other requirement specified by the board.
(b) A physical therapist shall use the letters “PT” immediately following his or her name to designate licensure under this article.
(c) A license to practice physical therapy issued by the board prior to July 1, 2010,is considered a license issued under this article: Provided, That a person holding a license issued prior to July 1, 2010, must renew the license pursuant to the provisions of this article.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - West Virginia Code Chapter 30. Professions and Occupations § 30-20-8. License to practice physical therapy - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wv/chapter-30-professions-and-occupations/wv-code-sect-30-20-8.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?