In this chapter:
(1) “Department” means the department of health services.
(2m) “Feeding tube” means a medical tube through which nutrition or hydration is administered into the vein, stomach, nose, mouth or other body opening of a declarant.
(3) “Health care” means any care, treatment, service or procedure to maintain, diagnose or treat an individual's physical or mental condition.
(4) “Health care agent” means an individual designated by a principal to make health care decisions on behalf of the principal or, if that individual is unable or unwilling to make those decisions, an alternate individual designated by the principal to do so.
(5) “Health care decision” means an informed decision in the exercise of the right to accept, maintain, discontinue or refuse health care.
(6) “Health care facility” means a facility, as defined in s. 647.01(4) , or any hospital, nursing home, community-based residential facility, county home, county infirmary, county hospital, county mental health center or other place licensed or approved by the department under s. 49.70 , 49.71 , 49.72 , 50.02 , 50.03 , 50.35 , 51.08 or 51.09 or a facility under s. 45.50 , 51.05 , 51.06 , 233.40 , 233.41 , 233.42 or 252.10 .
(7) “Health care provider” means a nurse licensed or permitted under ch. 441, a chiropractor licensed under ch. 446, a dentist licensed under ch. 447, a physician, physician assistant, perfusionist, podiatrist, physical therapist, physical therapist assistant, occupational therapist, or occupational therapy assistant licensed under ch. 448, a person practicing Christian Science treatment, an optometrist licensed under ch. 449, a psychologist licensed under ch. 455, a partnership thereof, a corporation or limited liability company thereof that provides health care services, a cooperative health care association organized under s. 185.981 that directly provides services through salaried employees in its own facility, or a home health agency, as defined in s. 50.49(1)(a) .
(8) “Incapacity” means the inability to receive and evaluate information effectively or to communicate decisions to such an extent that the individual lacks the capacity to manage his or her health care decisions.
(9) “Multipurpose senior center” means a facility that is the focal point for the delivery of services in a community to individuals aged 60 or older for purposes of the state plan under 42 USC 3027 .
(10) “Power of attorney for health care” means the designation, by an individual, of another as his or her health care agent for the purpose of making health care decisions on his or her behalf if the individual cannot, due to incapacity.
(11) “Principal” means an individual who executes a power of attorney for health care.
(12) “Relative” means an individual related by blood within the 3rd degree of kinship as computed under s. 990.001(16) ; a spouse, domestic partner under ch. 770, or an individual related to a spouse or domestic partner within the 3rd degree as so computed; and includes an individual in an adoptive relationship within the 3rd degree.