Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) Definitions. In this section:
(a) “Agency” means any office, department, agency, institution of higher education, association, society, or other body in state government created or authorized to be created by the constitution or any law, including any authority created in subch. II of ch. 114 or in ch. 231, 232, 233, 234, 237, 238, or 279, the legislature, or the courts.
(b) “Deadline” means any date certain by which, or any other limitation as to time within which, an action or event is required to occur.
(c) “Emergency period” means the period covered by the public health emergency declared on March 12, 2020, by executive order 72, plus 30 days.
(d) “Local governmental unit” means a political subdivision of this state, a special purpose district in this state, an agency or corporation of a political subdivision or special purpose district, or a combination or subunit of any of the foregoing.
(2) Deadlines. (a) Each agency or local governmental unit may toll for the duration of an emergency period any deadline falling within that period that the agency or local governmental unit administers or enforces. The agency or local governmental unit may not charge any interest or penalty that would otherwise apply with respect to the tolled deadline.
(b) Paragraph (a) does not apply to all of the following:
1. Any deadline with respect to the filing or payment of a tax for which the revenue is deposited or is expected to be deposited in the general fund, a tax or fee for which the revenue is deposited or is expected to be deposited in the transportation fund, or a property tax.
2. The date on which an election, as defined in s. 5.02(4), is to be held, and any deadline relating to an election.
(3) Training requirements. During an emergency period, each agency or local governmental unit may suspend any training requirement associated with any program the agency or local unit of government administers or enforces.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Wisconsin Statutes Emergency Management (Ch. 323) § 323.265. Suspension of certain deadlines and training requirements during a public health emergency - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wi/emergency-management-ch-323/wi-st-323-265.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?