The definitions set forth in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) “Conducts a financial transaction” includes initiating, concluding, or participating in a financial transaction.
(2) “Financial institution” means a bank, savings bank, credit union, or savings and loan institution.
(3) “Financial transaction” means a purchase, sale, loan, pledge, gift, transfer, transmission, delivery, trade, deposit, withdrawal, payment, transfer between accounts, exchange of currency, extension of credit, or any other acquisition or disposition of property, by whatever means effected.
(4) “Knows the property is proceeds of specified unlawful activity” means believing based upon the representation of a law enforcement officer or his or her agent, or knowing that the property is proceeds from some form, though not necessarily which form, of specified unlawful activity.
(5) “Proceeds” means any interest in property directly or indirectly acquired through or derived from an act or omission, and any fruits of this interest, in whatever form.
(6) “Property” means anything of value, whether real or personal, tangible or intangible.
(7) “Specified unlawful activity” means an offense committed in this state that is a class A or B felony under Washington law or that is listed as “criminal profiteering” in RCW 9A.82.010 , or an offense committed in any other state that is punishable under the laws of that state by more than one year in prison, or an offense that is punishable under federal law by more than one year in prison.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.