The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter and *RCW 70.94.996 unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) “Applicant” means a person applying for a tax credit under this chapter.
(2) “Car sharing” means a membership program intended to offer an alternative to car ownership under
which persons or entities that become members are permitted to use vehicles from a
fleet on an hourly basis.
(3) “Nonmotorized commuting” means commuting to and from the workplace by an employee by walking or running or
by riding a bicycle or other device not powered by a motor.
(4) “Public agency” means any county, city, or other local government agency or any state government
agency, board, or commission.
(5) “Public transportation” means the same as “public transportation service” as defined in RCW 36.57A.010 and includes passenger services of the Washington state ferries.
(6) “Ride sharing” means the same as “ride sharing” as defined in RCW 46.74.010, including ride sharing on Washington state ferries.
(7) “Telework” means a program where work functions that are normally performed at a traditional
workplace are instead performed by an employee at his or her home at least one day
a week for the purpose of reducing the number of trips to the employee's workplace.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.