Washington Revised Code Title 79A. Public Recreational Lands § 79A.25.020. Director's powers and duties
Search Revised Code of Washington
Search by Keyword or Citation
The director shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To supervise the administrative operations of the boards, office, and their staff;
(2) To administer recreation and conservation grant-in-aid programs and contracts, and provide technical assistance to state and local agencies;
(3) To prepare and update a strategic plan for the acquisition, renovation, and development of recreational resources and the preservation and conservation of open space. The plan shall be prepared in coordination with the office of the governor and the office of financial management, with participation of federal, state, and local agencies having recreational responsibilities, user groups, private sector interests, and the general public. The plan shall be submitted to the recreation and conservation funding board for review, and the board shall submit its recommendations on the plan to the governor. The plan shall include, but is not limited to: (a) an inventory of current resources; (b) a forecast of recreational resource demand; (c) identification and analysis of actual and potential funding sources; (d) a process for broad scale information gathering; (e) an assessment of the capabilities and constraints, both internal and external to state government, that affect the ability of the state to achieve the goals of the plan; (f) an analysis of strategic options and decisions available to the state; (g) an implementation strategy that is coordinated with executive policy and budget priorities; and (h) elements necessary to qualify for participation in or the receipt of aid from any federal program for outdoor recreation;
(4) To represent and promote the interests of the state on recreational issues and further the mission of the board and office;
(5) Upon approval of the relevant board, to enter into contracts and agreements with private nonprofit corporations to further state goals of preserving, conserving, and enhancing recreational resources and open space for the public benefit and use;
(6) To appoint such technical and other committees as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter;
(7) To create and maintain a repository for data, studies, research, and other information relating to recreation and conservation resources in the state, and to encourage the interchange of such information;
(8) To encourage and provide opportunities for interagency and regional coordination and cooperative efforts between public agencies and between public and private entities involved in the development and preservation of recreational and conservation resources; and
(9) To prepare the state trails plan, as required by RCW 79A.35.040.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 79A. Public Recreational Lands § 79A.25.020. Director's powers and duties - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-79a-public-recreational-lands/wa-rev-code-79a-25-020/
Was this helpful?