Skip to main content

Washington Revised Code Title 72. State Institutions § 72.04A.120. Parolee supervision intake fees

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(1) Any person placed on parole shall be required to pay the supervision intake fee, prescribed under RCW 9.94A.780(3).  The department may exempt a person from the payment of all or any part of the assessment based upon any of the following factors:

(a) The offender has diligently attempted but has been unable to obtain employment which provides the offender sufficient income to make such payments.

(b) The offender is a student in a school, college, university, or a course of vocational or technical training designed to fit the student for gainful employment.

(c) The offender has an employment handicap, as determined by an examination acceptable to or ordered by the department.

(d) The offender's age prevents him or her from obtaining employment.

(e) The offender is responsible for the support of dependents and the payment of the assessment constitutes an undue hardship on the offender.

(f) Other extenuating circumstances as determined by the department.

(2) The department of corrections shall adopt a rule prescribing the amount of the assessment.

(3) Payment of the assessed amount shall constitute a condition of parole for purposes of the application of RCW 72.04A.090.

(4) All amounts required to be paid under this section shall be collected by the department of corrections and deposited by the department in the dedicated fund established pursuant to RCW 72.11.040.

Cite this article: - Washington Revised Code Title 72. State Institutions § 72.04A.120. Parolee supervision intake fees - last updated April 06, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard