Washington Revised Code Title 71. Mental Illness § 71.05.750. Report--No bed available for person who meets detention criteria
Search Revised Code of Washington
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) A designated crisis responder shall make a report to the authority when he or she determines a person meets detention criteria under RCW 71.05.150, 71.05.153, 71.34.700, or 71.34.710 and there are not any beds available at an evaluation and treatment facility, the person has not been provisionally accepted for admission by a facility, and the person cannot be served on a single bed certification or less restrictive alternative. Starting at the time when the designated crisis responder determines a person meets detention criteria and the investigation has been completed, the designated crisis responder has twenty-four hours to submit a completed report to the authority.
(2) The report required under subsection (1) of this section must contain at a minimum:
(a) The date and time that the investigation was completed;
(b) The identity of the responsible behavioral health administrative services organization and managed care organization, if applicable;
(c) The county in which the person met detention criteria;
(d) A list of facilities which refused to admit the person; and
(e) Identifying information for the person, including age or date of birth.
(3) The authority shall develop a standardized reporting form or modify the current form used for single bed certifications for the report required under subsection (2) of this section and may require additional reporting elements as it determines are necessary or supportive. The authority shall also determine the method for the transmission of the completed report from the designated crisis responder to the authority.
(4) The authority shall create quarterly reports displayed on its web site that summarize the information reported under subsection (2) of this section. At a minimum, the reports must display data by county and by month. The reports must also include the number of single bed certifications granted by category. The categories must include all of the reasons that the authority recognizes for issuing a single bed certification, as identified in rule.
(5) The reports provided according to this section may not display “protected health information” as that term is used in the federal health insurance portability and accountability act of 1996, nor information contained in “mental health treatment records” as that term is used in chapter 70.02 RCW or elsewhere in state law, and must otherwise be compliant with state and federal privacy laws.
(6) For purposes of this section, the term “single bed certification” means a situation in which an adult on a one hundred twenty hour detention, fourteen-day commitment, ninety-day commitment, or one hundred eighty-day commitment is detained to a facility that is:
(a) Not licensed or certified as an inpatient evaluation and treatment facility; or
(b) A licensed or certified inpatient evaluation and treatment facility that is already at capacity.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 71. Mental Illness § 71.05.750. Report--No bed available for person who meets detention criteria - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-71-mental-illness/wa-rev-code-71-05-750/
Was this helpful?