Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The department shall in addition to its other powers and duties:
(1) Cooperate with the appropriate federal, state, interstate and local units of government and with appropriate private organizations in carrying out the provisions of this chapter.
(2) Coordinate the development of a solid waste management plan for all areas of the state in cooperation with local government, the *department of community, trade, and economic development, and other appropriate state and regional agencies. The plan shall relate to solid waste management for twenty years in the future and shall be reviewed biennially, revised as necessary, and extended so that perpetually the plan shall look to the future for twenty years as a guide in carrying out a state coordinated solid waste management program. The plan shall be developed into a single integrated document and shall be adopted no later than October 1990. The plan shall be revised regularly after its initial completion so that local governments revising local comprehensive solid waste management plans can take advantage of the data and analysis in the state plan.
(3) Provide technical assistance to any person as well as to cities, counties, and industries.
(4) Initiate, conduct, and support research, demonstration projects, and investigations, and coordinate research programs pertaining to solid waste management systems.
(5) Develop statewide programs to increase public awareness of and participation in tire recycling, and to stimulate and encourage local private tire recycling centers and public participation in tire recycling.
(6) May, under the provisions of the Administrative Procedure Act, chapter 34.05 RCW, as now or hereafter amended, from time to time promulgate such rules and regulations as are necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 70A. Environmental Health and Safety § 70A.205.210. Duties of department--State solid waste management plan--Assistance--Coordination--Tire recycling - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-70a-environmental-health-and-safety/wa-rev-code-70a-205-210.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?