Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The definitions in this section apply throughout RCW 70.14.090 through 70.14.130 unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) “Administrator” means the administrator of the Washington state health care authority under chapter 41.05 RCW.
(2) “Advisory group” means a group established under RCW 70.14.110(2)(c).
(3) “Committee” means the health technology clinical committee established under RCW 70.14.090.
(4) “Coverage determination” means a determination of the circumstances, if any, under which a health technology will be included as a covered benefit in a state purchased health care program.
(5) “Health technology” means medical and surgical devices and procedures, medical equipment, and diagnostic tests. Health technologies does not include prescription drugs governed by RCW 70.14.050.
(6) “Participating agency” means the department of social and health services, the state health care authority, and the department of labor and industries.
(7) “Reimbursement determination” means a determination to provide or deny reimbursement for a health technology included as a covered benefit in a specific circumstance for an individual patient who is eligible to receive health care services from the state purchased health care program making the determination.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 70. Public Health and Safety § 70.14.080. Definitions - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-70-public-health-and-safety/wa-rev-code-70-14-080.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?