Washington Revised Code Title 66. Alcoholic Beverage Control § 66.08.050. Powers of board in general
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Revised Code of Washington
Search by Keyword or Citation
The board, subject to the provisions of this title and the rules, must:
(1) Determine the nature, form and capacity of all packages to be used for containing liquor kept for sale under this title;
(2) Execute or cause to be executed, all contracts, papers, and documents in the name of the board, under such regulations as the board may fix;
(3) Pay all customs, duties, excises, charges and obligations whatsoever relating to the business of the board;
(4) Require bonds from all employees in the discretion of the board, and to determine the amount of fidelity bond of each such employee;
(5) Perform services for the state lottery commission to such extent, and for such compensation, as may be mutually agreed upon between the board and the commission;
(6) Accept and deposit into the general fund-local account and disburse, subject to appropriation, federal grants or other funds or donations from any source for the purpose of improving public awareness of the health risks associated with alcohol and marijuana consumption by youth and the abuse of alcohol and marijuana by adults in Washington state. The board's alcohol awareness program must cooperate with federal and state agencies, interested organizations, and individuals to effect an active public beverage alcohol awareness program;
(7) Monitor and regulate the practices of licensees as necessary in order to prevent the theft and illegal trafficking of liquor pursuant to RCW 66.28.350;
(8) Perform all other matters and things, whether similar to the foregoing or not, to carry out the provisions of this title, and has full power to do each and every act necessary to the conduct of its regulatory functions, including all supplies procurement, preparation and approval of forms, and every other undertaking necessary to perform its regulatory functions whatsoever, subject only to audit by the state auditor. However, the board has no authority to regulate the content of spoken language on licensed premises where wine and other liquors are served and where there is not a clear and present danger of disorderly conduct being provoked by such language or to restrict advertising of lawful prices.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 66. Alcoholic Beverage Control § 66.08.050. Powers of board in general - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-66-alcoholic-beverage-control/wa-rev-code-66-08-050.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?