Washington Revised Code Title 48. Insurance § 48.05.400. Annual filing and fee to National Association of Insurance Commissioners--Penalty
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Revised Code of Washington
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) Each domestic, foreign, and alien insurer that is authorized to transact insurance in this state shall annually, on or before March 1 of each year, file with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners a copy of its annual statement convention blank, along with such additional filings as prescribed by the commissioner for the preceding year. The information filed with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners shall be in the same format and scope as that required by the commissioner and shall include the signed jurate page and the actuarial certification. Any amendments and addendums to the annual statement filing subsequently filed with the commissioner shall also be filed with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
(2) Coincident with the filing of its annual statement convention blank and other filings, each such insurer shall pay a reasonable fee directly to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners in an amount approved by the commissioner to cover the costs associated with the analysis of the annual statement convention blank.
(3) Foreign insurers that are domiciled in a state which has a law substantially similar to subsection (1) of this section shall be considered to be in compliance with this section.
(4) In the absence of actual malice, members of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, their duly authorized committees, subcommittees, and task forces, their delegates, National Association of Insurance Commissioners employees, and all other persons charged with the responsibility of collecting, reviewing, analyzing, and dissimilating the information developed from the filing of the annual statement convention blanks shall be acting as agents of the commissioner under the authority of this section and shall not be subject to civil liability for libel, slander, or any other cause of action by virtue of their collection, review, and analysis or dissimilation of the data and information collected for the filings required under this section.
(5) The commissioner may suspend, revoke, or refuse to renew the certificate of authority of any insurer failing to file its annual statement or pay the fees when due or within any extension of time which the commissioner, for good cause, may have granted.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 48. Insurance § 48.05.400. Annual filing and fee to National Association of Insurance Commissioners--Penalty - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-48-insurance/wa-rev-code-48-05-400.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?