Washington Revised Code Title 46. Motor Vehicles § 46.61.608. Operating motorcycles on roadways laned for traffic
Search Revised Code of Washington
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) All motorcycles are entitled to full use of a lane and no motor vehicle shall be driven in such a manner as to deprive any motorcycle of the full use of a lane. This subsection shall not apply to motorcycles operated two abreast in a single lane.
(2) The operator of a motorcycle shall not overtake and pass in the same lane occupied by the vehicle being overtaken. However, this subsection shall not apply when the operator of a motorcycle overtakes and passes a pedestrian or bicyclist while maintaining a safe passing distance of at least three feet.
(3) No person shall operate a motorcycle between lanes of traffic or between adjacent lines or rows of vehicles.
(4) Motorcycles shall not be operated more than two abreast in a single lane.
(5) Subsections (2) and (3) of this section shall not apply to police officers in the performance of their official duties.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 46. Motor Vehicles § 46.61.608. Operating motorcycles on roadways laned for traffic - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-46-motor-vehicles/wa-rev-code-46-61-608.html
Was this helpful?