Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) A person subject to substance use disorder assessment and treatment under RCW 46.61.5055 shall be required by the court to complete a course in an alcohol and drug information school licensed or certified by the department of health or to complete more intensive treatment in a substance use disorder treatment program licensed or certified by the department of health, as determined by the court. The court shall notify the department of licensing whenever it orders a person to complete a course or treatment program under this section.
(2) A diagnostic evaluation and treatment recommendation shall be prepared under the direction of the court by a substance use disorder treatment program licensed or certified by the department of health or a qualified probation department approved by the department of social and health services. A copy of the report shall be forwarded to the court and the department of licensing. Based on the diagnostic evaluation, the court shall determine whether the person shall be required to complete a course in an alcohol and drug information school licensed or certified by the department of health or more intensive treatment in an approved substance use disorder treatment program licensed or certified by the department of health.
(3) Standards for approval for substance use disorder treatment programs shall be prescribed by the department of health. The department of health shall periodically review the costs of alcohol and drug information schools and treatment programs.
(4) Any agency that provides treatment ordered under RCW 46.61.5055, shall immediately report to the appropriate probation department where applicable, otherwise to the court, and to the department of licensing any noncompliance by a person with the conditions of his or her ordered treatment. The court shall notify the department of licensing and the department of health of any failure by an agency to so report noncompliance. Any agency with knowledge of noncompliance that fails to so report shall be fined two hundred fifty dollars by the department of health. Upon three such failures by an agency within one year, the department of health shall revoke the agency's license or certification under this section.
(5) The department of licensing and the department of health may adopt such rules as are necessary to carry out this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 46. Motor Vehicles § 46.61.5056. Alcohol and drug violators--Information school--Evaluation and treatment (Effective January 1, 2022) - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-46-motor-vehicles/wa-rev-code-46-61-5056-nr2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?