Virginia Code Title 64.2. Wills, Trusts, and Fiduciaries § 64.2-792. Remedies for breach of trust
Search Code of Virginia
Search by Keyword or Citation
A. A violation by a trustee of a duty the trustee owes to a beneficiary is a breach of trust.
B. To remedy a breach of trust that has occurred or may occur, the court may:
1. Compel the trustee to perform the trustee's duties;
2. Enjoin the trustee from committing a breach of trust;
3. Compel the trustee to redress a breach of trust by paying money, restoring property, or other means;
4. Order a trustee to account;
5. Appoint a special fiduciary to take possession of the trust property and administer the trust;
6. Suspend the trustee;
7. Remove the trustee as provided in § 64.2-759;
8. Reduce or deny compensation to the trustee;
9. Subject to § 64.2-803, void an act of the trustee, impose a lien or a constructive trust on trust property, or trace trust property wrongfully disposed of and recover the property or its proceeds; or
10. Order any other appropriate relief.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Virginia Code Title 64.2. Wills, Trusts, and Fiduciaries § 64.2-792. Remedies for breach of trust - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/va/title-64-2-wills-trusts-and-fiduciaries/va-code-sect-64-2-792.html
Was this helpful?