Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) A magistrate or judge of a court shall keep a full record of each case in which a person is charged with:
(a) a violation of this chapter; or
(b) any other law regulating the operation of a motor vehicle on the highway.
(2)(a) Within five days after the conviction or forfeiture of bail of a person on a charge of violating a provision of this chapter or other law regulating the operation of a motor vehicle on the highway, the magistrate of the court or clerk of the court in which the conviction was made or bail was forfeited shall prepare and immediately forward to the department an abstract of the record of the court covering the case in which the person was convicted or forfeited bail.
(b) The abstract shall be certified by the person required to prepare the abstract to be true and correct.
(c) A report under this Subsection (2) is not required for a conviction involving the illegal parking or standing of a vehicle.
(3) The abstract must be made in a manner specified by the Driver License Division and shall include the:
(a) name and address of the party charged;
(b) number, if any, of the person's driver license;
(c) license plate number of the vehicle involved;
(d) nature of the offense;
(e) date of hearing;
(g) judgment, or whether bail was forfeited; and
(h) amount of the fine or forfeiture.
(4) A court shall provide a copy of the report to the Driver License Division on the conviction of a person of manslaughter or other felony in which a vehicle was used.
(5) The failure, refusal, or neglect of a judicial officer to comply with the requirements of this section constitutes misconduct in office and is grounds for removal.
(6) The Driver License Division shall classify and disclose all abstracts received in accordance with Section 53-3-109.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 77. Utah Code of Criminal Procedure § 77-7-25. Keeping of records--Making and forwarding of abstract upon conviction or forfeiture of bail--Form and contents--Official misconduct - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-77-utah-code-of-criminal-procedure/ut-code-sect-77-7-25.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?