Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The division or its authorized agent may suspend or revoke the registration or certificate of title of a motorboat, sailboat, or outboard motor if:
(1) the division or its authorized agent determines that the registration or certificate of title was fraudulently or erroneously issued;
(2) the division or its authorized agent determines that a registered motorboat or sailboat is mechanically unfit or unseaworthy for operation on the waters of this state;
(3) a registered motorboat or sailboat has been dismantled or wrecked so that it loses its character as a vessel;
(4) the division or its authorized agent determines that the required registration or titling fee has not been paid or is not paid upon reasonable notice and demand;
(5) a registration decal or number is knowingly displayed upon a motorboat or sailboat other than the one for which the decal or number was issued;
(6) the division or its authorized agent determines that the owner has committed any offense under this chapter or Title 41, Chapter 1a, Part 5, Titling Requirement, involving the registration or certificate of title of a motorboat, sailboat, or outboard motor; or
(7) the division or authorized agent is so authorized under any other provision of law.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 73. Water and Irrigation § 73-18-7.3. Suspension or revocation of a registration or certificate of title - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-73-water-and-irrigation/ut-code-sect-73-18-7-3.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?