Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) There is created the Agricultural Water Optimization Task Force, consisting of:
(a) the following voting members:
(i) one individual representing the Department of Agriculture and Food;
(ii) one individual representing the board or division;
(iii) one individual representing the Division of Water Rights;
(iv) one individual representing the Division of Water Quality;
(v) one individual representing the interests of the agriculture industry;
(vi) one individual representing environmental interests;
(vii) one individual representing water conservancy districts; and
(viii) three individuals whose primary source of income comes from the production of agricultural commodities; and
(b) one nonvoting member from the higher education community with a background in research.
(2)(a) The commissioner of the Department of Agriculture and Food shall appoint the members described in Subsections (1)(a)(i), (v), (vii), and (viii).
(b) The executive director of the Department of Natural Resources shall appoint the members described in Subsections (1)(a)(ii), (iii), and (vi).
(c) The governor shall appoint the members described in Subsections (1)(a)(iv) and (1)(b).
(3) The division shall provide administrative support to the task force.
(4) The task force shall select a chair from among its membership.
(5) Six voting members present constitutes a quorum of the task force. Action by a majority of voting members when a quorum is present is an action of the task force.
(6) Service on the task force is voluntary and a member may not receive compensation or benefits for the member's service, but may receive per diem and travel expenses in accordance with:
(a) Section 63A-3-106;
(b) Section 63A-3-107; and
(c) rules made by the Division of Finance pursuant to Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 73. Water and Irrigation § 73-10g-202. Agricultural Water Optimization Task Force - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-73-water-and-irrigation/ut-code-sect-73-10g-202/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.