Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Each driver and front seat passenger in any motor vehicle operated on a street or highway in this state shall wear a properly adjusted and fastened seat belt properly secured to the vehicle.
(b) This subchapter shall not apply to the following:
(1) Passenger automobiles manufactured before July 1, 1968, and all other motor vehicles manufactured before January 1, 1972;
(2) Passengers and drivers with a physical disability that contraindicates the use of a seat belt, and which condition is certified by a physician who states the nature of the disability as well as the reason the use of a seat belt is inappropriate;
(3) Children who require protection and are properly restrained under the Child Passenger Protection Act, § 27-34-101 et seq.; and
(4) Drivers who are rural letter carriers of the United States Postal Service while performing their duties as rural letter carriers.
(c) Except as provided in subdivision (b)(4) of this section, each driver or passenger who is seated in a wheelchair in a motor vehicle shall:
(1) Wear a properly adjusted and fastened seat belt properly secured to the wheelchair; and
(2) Have the wheelchair properly secured in the motor vehicle.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 70A. Uniform Commercial Code § 70A-9a-319. Rights and title of consignee with respect to creditors and purchasers - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-70a-uniform-commercial-code/ut-code-sect-70a-9a-319.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?