Utah Code Title 62A. Utah Human Services Code § 62A-4a-902. Definitions
Search Utah Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1)(a) “Adoption assistance” means direct financial subsidies and support to adoptive parents of a child with special needs or whose need or condition has created a barrier that would prevent a successful adoption.
(b) “Adoption assistance” may include state medical assistance, reimbursement of nonrecurring adoption expenses, or monthly subsidies.
(2) “Child who has a special need” means a child who cannot or should not be returned to the home of his biological parents and who meets at least one of the following conditions:
(a) the child is five years of age or older;
(b) the child is under the age of 18 with a physical, emotional, or mental disability; or
(c) the child is a member of a sibling group placed together for adoption.
(3) “Monthly subsidy” means financial support to assist with the costs of adopting and caring for a child who has a special need.
(4) “Nonrecurring adoption expenses” means reasonably necessary adoption fees, court costs, attorney's fees, and other expenses which are directly related to the legal adoption of a child who has a special need.
(5) “State medical assistance” means the Medicaid program and medical assistance as those terms are defined in Section 26-18-2.
(6) “Supplemental adoption assistance” means financial support for extraordinary, infrequent, or uncommon documented needs not otherwise covered by a monthly subsidy, state medical assistance, or other public benefits for which a child who has a special need is eligible.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 62A. Utah Human Services Code § 62A-4a-902. Definitions - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-62a-utah-human-services-code/ut-code-sect-62a-4a-902/
Was this helpful?