Skip to main content

Utah Code Title 62A. Utah Human Services Code § 62A-3-209. Assisted living facility transfers

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(1)?After the ombudsman receives a notice described in Subsection 26-21-305(1)(a), the ombudsman shall:

(a)?review the notice; ?and

(b)?contact the resident or the resident's responsible person to conduct a voluntary interview.

(2)?The voluntary interview described in Subsection (1)(b) shall:

(a)?provide the resident with information about the services available through the ombudsman;

(b)?confirm the details in the notice described in Subsection 26-21-305(1)(a), including:

(i)?the name of the resident;

(ii)?the reason for the transfer or discharge;

(iii)?the date of the transfer or discharge; ?and

(iv)?a description of the resident's next living arrangement; ?and

(c)?provide the resident an opportunity to discuss any concerns or complaints the resident may have regarding:

(i)?the resident's treatment at the assisted living facility; ?and

(ii)?whether the assisted living facility treated the resident fairly when the assisted living facility transferred or discharged the resident.

(3)?On or before November 1 of each year, the ombudsman shall provide a report to the Health and Human Services Interim Committee regarding:

(a)?the reasons why assisted living facilities are transferring residents;

(b)?where residents are going upon transfer or discharge; ?and

(c)?the type and prevalence of complaints that the ombudsman receives regarding assisted living facilities, including complaints about the process or reasons for a transfer or discharge.

Cite this article: - Utah Code Title 62A. Utah Human Services Code § 62A-3-209. Assisted living facility transfers - last updated May 05, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard