Utah Code Title 62A. Utah Human Services Code § 62A-1-119. Respite Care Assistance Fund--Use of money--Restrictions
Search Utah Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) There is created an expendable special revenue fund known as the Respite Care Assistance Fund.
(2) The fund shall consist of:
(a) gifts, grants, devises, donations, and bequests of real property, personal property, or services, from any source, made to the fund; and
(b) any additional amounts as appropriated by the Legislature.
(3) The fund shall be administered by the director of the Utah Developmental Disabilities Council.
(4) The fund money shall be used for the following activities:
(a) to support a respite care information and referral system;
(b) to educate and train caregivers and respite care providers; and
(c) to provide grants to caregivers.
(5) An individual who receives services paid for from the fund shall:
(a) be a resident of Utah; and
(b) be a primary care giver for:
(i) an aging individual; or
(ii) an individual with a cognitive, mental, or physical disability.
(6) The fund money may not be used for:
(a) administrative expenses that are normally provided for by legislative appropriation; or
(b) direct services or support mechanisms that are available from or provided by another government or private agency.
(7) All interest and other earnings derived from the fund money shall be deposited into the fund.
(8) The state treasurer shall invest the money in the fund under Title 51, Chapter 7, State Money Management Act.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 62A. Utah Human Services Code § 62A-1-119. Respite Care Assistance Fund--Use of money--Restrictions - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-62a-utah-human-services-code/ut-code-sect-62a-1-119/
Was this helpful?