Utah Code Title 41. Motor Vehicles § 41-6a-311. Interference with traffic-control devices prohibited--Traffic signal preemption device prohibited--Exceptions--Defense
Search Utah Code
(1) Except as provided in Subsection (3), a person may not alter, deface, damage, knock down, or remove any:
(a) traffic-control device;
(b) traffic-monitoring device; or
(c) railroad traffic-control device.
(2) Except as provided in Subsection (3), a person may not:
(a) knowingly use a traffic signal preemption device to interfere with the authorized operation or the authorized cycle of a traffic-control signal; or
(b) operate a motor vehicle on a highway while in possession of a traffic signal preemption device.
(3) The provisions of Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to a person authorized by the highway authority or railroad authority with jurisdiction over the device.
(4) A violation of Subsection (1) or (2) is a class C misdemeanor.
(5) It is an affirmative defense to a charge under Subsection (2)(b) that the traffic signal preemption device was inoperative and could not be readily used at the time of the citation or arrest.
Read this complete Utah Code Title 41. Motor Vehicles § 41-6a-311. Interference with traffic-control devices prohibited--Traffic signal preemption device prohibited--Exceptions--Defense on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.