(1) A registration card shall be signed by the owner in ink in the space provided.
(2) A registration card shall be carried at all times in the vehicle to which it was issued.
(3) The person driving or in control of a vehicle shall display the registration card upon demand of a peace officer or any officer or employee of the division.
(4) For a vehicle owned by a rental company, as defined in Section 31A-22-311 , a person driving or in control of the vehicle may display the vehicle's rental agreement, as defined in Section 31A-22-311 , in place of a registration card for compliance with Subsection (3).
(5) A violation of this section is an infraction.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.