Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
It is a class C misdemeanor:
(1) to break, injure, interfere with, or remove from any vehicle any seal, lock, or device on it for holding or displaying any license plate or registration card attached for denoting registration and identity of the vehicle;
(2) to remove from any registered vehicle the license plate or registration card issued or attached to it for its registration;
(3) to place or display any license plate or registration card upon any other vehicle than the one for which it was issued by the division;
(4) to use or permit the use or display of any license plate, registration card, or permit upon or in the operation of any vehicle other than that for which it was issued;
(5) to operate upon any highway of this state any vehicle required by law to be registered without having the license plate or plates securely attached, except that the registration card issued by the division to all trailers and semitrailers shall be carried in the towing vehicle;
(6) for any weighmaster to knowingly make any false entry in his record of weights of vehicles subject to registration or to knowingly report to the commission or division any false information regarding the weights;
(7) for any inspector, officer, agent, employee, or other person performing any of the functions required for the registration or operation of vehicles subject to registration, to do, permit, cause, connive at, or permit to be done any act with the intent, or knowledge that the probable effect of the act would be to injure any person, deprive him of his property, or to injure or defraud the state with respect to its revenues relating to title or registration of vehicles;
(8) for any person to combine or conspire with another to do, attempt to do, or cause or allow any of the acts in this chapter classified as a misdemeanor;
(9) to operate any motor vehicle with a camper mounted on it upon any highway without displaying a current decal in clear sight upon the rear of the camper, issued by the county assessor of the county in which the camper has situs for taxation;
(10) to manufacture, use, display, or sell any facsimile or reproduction of any license plate issued by the division or any article that would appear to be a substitute for a license plate; or
(11) to fail to return to the division any registration card, license plate or plates, decal, permit, or title that has been canceled, suspended, voided, or revoked.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 41. Motor Vehicles § 41-1a-1305. License plate and registration card violations--Class C misdemeanor - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-41-motor-vehicles/ut-code-sect-41-1a-1305.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?