Skip to main content

Utah Code Title 41. Motor Vehicles § 41-12a-604. Suspension of license

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(1) A person convicted of a class A or a class B misdemeanor under this chapter, in addition to any other penalties which are imposed by law, shall have his operator's license suspended by the department.

(2) Whenever any person is convicted of an offense for which this chapter mandates the suspension of his license or the registration of his motor vehicle, and that person does not produce proof of owner's or operator's security at the time of his appearance, the court in which the conviction takes place shall require the surrender to it of all pertinent evidences of registration, including all registration cards, license plates, nonresident temporary permits, and other similar materials then held by the person so convicted.  This court shall then forward the registration materials to the Motor Vehicle Division of the State Tax Commission and send the Driver License Division a record of the conviction.  If the person so convicted secures a judgment of acquittal or reversal of this conviction in any appellate court, the department shall reinstate his driver license or privilege and the Motor Vehicle Division shall reinstate the registration of his motor vehicle immediately upon receipt of a certified copy of the judgment of acquittal or reversal.

(3) If the owner has surrendered the owner's registration materials to the Motor Vehicle Division, the owner may, unless otherwise prohibited by law, apply for a new registration, by providing proof of owner's security.

Cite this article: - Utah Code Title 41. Motor Vehicles § 41-12a-604. Suspension of license - last updated May 05, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard