Utah Code Title 34A. Utah Labor Code § 34A-2-418. Awards--Medical, nursing, hospital, and burial expenses--Artificial means and appliances
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Utah Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) In addition to the compensation provided in this chapter or Chapter 3, Utah Occupational Disease Act, and subject to Subsection 34A-2-407(11), the employer or the insurance carrier shall pay reasonable sums for medical, nurse, and hospital services, for medicines, and for artificial means, appliances, and prostheses necessary to treat the injured employee.
(2) The employer and the insurance carrier are not required to pay or reimburse for cannabis, a cannabis product, or a medical cannabis device, as those terms are defined in Section 26-61a-102.
(3) If death results from the injury, the employer or the insurance carrier shall pay the burial expenses in ordinary cases as established by rule.
(4) If a compensable accident results in the breaking of or loss of an employee's artificial means or appliance including eyeglasses, the employer or insurance carrier shall provide a replacement of the artificial means or appliance.
(5) An administrative law judge may require the employer or insurance carrier to maintain the artificial means or appliances or provide the employee with a replacement of any artificial means or appliance for the reason of breakage, wear and tear, deterioration, or obsolescence.
(6) An administrative law judge may, in unusual cases, order, as the administrative law judge considers just and proper, the payment of additional sums:
(a) for burial expenses; or
(b) to provide for artificial means or appliances.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 34A. Utah Labor Code § 34A-2-418. Awards--Medical, nursing, hospital, and burial expenses--Artificial means and appliances - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-34a-utah-labor-code/ut-code-sect-34a-2-418.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?