(a) In general
In making or insuring a farm loan under subchapter I or II of this chapter, the Secretary shall establish a plan and promulgate regulations (including performance criteria) that promote the goal of transitioning borrowers to private commercial credit and other sources of credit in the shortest period of time practicable.
In carrying out this section, the Secretary shall integrate and coordinate the transition policy described in subsection (a) with--
(1) the borrower training program established by section 2006a of this title;
(2) the loan assessment process established by section 2006b of this title;
(3) the supervised credit requirement established by section 2006c of this title;
(4) the market placement program established by section 2006d of this title; and
(5) other appropriate programs and authorities, as determined by the Secretary.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.