51 U.S.C. § 70301 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 51. National and Commercial Space Programs § 70301. Congressional findings and declarations
Search U.S. Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Congress finds and declares that--
(1) the Space Transportation System is a vital element of the United States space program, contributing to the United States leadership in space research, technology, and development;
(2) the Space Transportation System is the primary space launch system for both United States national security and civil government missions;
(3) the Space Transportation System contributes to the expansion of United States private sector investment and involvement in space and therefore should serve commercial users;
(4) the availability of the Space Transportation System to foreign users for peaceful purposes is an important means of promoting international cooperative activities in the national interest and in maintaining access to space for activities which enhance the security and welfare of humankind;
(5) the United States is committed to maintaining world leadership in space transportation;
(6) making the Space Transportation System fully operational and cost effective in providing routine access to space will maximize the national economic benefits of the system; and
(7) national goals and the objectives for the Space Transportation System can be furthered by a stable and fair pricing policy for the Space Transportation System.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 51 U.S.C. § 70301 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 51. National and Commercial Space Programs § 70301. Congressional findings and declarations - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-51-national-and-commercial-space-programs/51-usc-sect-70301/
Was this helpful?