Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Development plan
The Secretary shall develop a plan for the creation of a national magnetic fusion engineering center for the purpose of accelerating fusion technology development via the concentration and coordination of major magnetic fusion engineering devices and associated activities at such a national center.
(b) Factors considered in formulation of development plan
In developing the plan, the Secretary shall include relevant factors including, but not limited to--
(1) means of saving cost and time through the establishment of the national center relative to the cost and schedule currently projected for the program;
(2) means of providing common facilities to be shared by many magnetic fusion concepts;
(3) assessment of the environmental and safety-related aspects of the national center;
(4) provisions for international cooperation in magnetic fusion activities at the national center;
(5) provision of access to facilities for the broader technical involvement of domestic industry and universities in the magnetic fusion energy program;
(6) siting criteria for the national center including a list of potential sites;
(7) the advisability of establishing such a center considering all factors, including the alternative means and associated costs of pursuing such technology; and
(8) changes in the management structure of the magnetic fusion program to allow more effective direction of activities related to the national center.
(c) Report to Congressional committees
The Secretary shall submit not later than July 1, 1981, a report to the House Committee on Science and Technology and the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources characterizing the plan and setting forth the steps necessary for implementation of the plan, including any steps already implemented.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 42 U.S.C. § 9305 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 42. The Public Health and Welfare § 9305. Magnetic fusion engineering center - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-42-the-public-health-and-welfare/42-usc-sect-9305.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?