Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) In general
The Director of the Bureau of Justice Assistance may make grants under this subchapter to States, for the use by States, and local entities in the States to develop, implement, and enforce criminal interstate child support legislation and coordinate criminal interstate child support enforcement efforts.
(b) Uses of funds
Funds distributed under this subchapter shall be used to--
(1) develop a comprehensive assessment of existing criminal interstate child support enforcement efforts, including the identification of gaps in, and barriers to, the enforcement of such efforts;
(2) plan and implement comprehensive long-range strategies for criminal interstate child support enforcement;
(3) reach an agreement within the State regarding the priorities of such State in the enforcement of criminal interstate child support legislation;
(4) develop a plan to implement such priorities; and
(5) coordinate criminal interstate child support enforcement efforts.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 42 U.S.C. § 3796cc - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 42. The Public Health and Welfare § 3796cc. Grant authorization - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-42-the-public-health-and-welfare/42-usc-sect-3796cc.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?