Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Program authorized
The Assistant Secretary, in consultation with the Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Communications and Information, may award grants or contracts to entities to provide computer training and enhanced Internet access for older individuals.
If the Assistant Secretary awards grants under subsection (a) of this section, the Assistant Secretary shall give priority to an entity that--
(1) will provide services to older individuals living in rural areas;
(2) has demonstrated expertise in providing computer training to older individuals; or
(3) has demonstrated that it has a variety of training delivery methods, including facility-based, computer-based, and Internet-based training, that may facilitate a determination of the best method of training older individuals.
(c) Special consideration
In awarding grants under this section, the Assistant Secretary shall give special consideration to applicants that have entered into a partnership with one or more private entities providing such applicants with donated information technologies including software, hardware, or training.
(d) Use of funds
An entity that receives a grant or contract under subsection (a) of this section shall use funds received under such grant or contract to provide training for older individuals that--
(1) relates to the use of computers and related equipment, in order to improve the self-employment and employment-related technology skills of older individuals, as well as their ability to use the Internet; and
(2) is provided at senior centers, housing facilities for older individuals, elementary schools, secondary schools, and institutions of higher education.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 42 U.S.C. § 3032d - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 42. The Public Health and Welfare § 3032d. Computer training - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-42-the-public-health-and-welfare/42-usc-sect-3032d.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?