In this chapter:
(1) Contracting agency. --The term “contracting agency”, when used with respect to a prime contractor, means a department, agency, or establishment of the Federal Government that enters into a prime contract with a prime contractor.
(2) Kickback. --The term “kickback” means any money, fee, commission, credit, gift, gratuity, thing of value, or compensation of any kind that is provided to a prime contractor, prime contractor employee, subcontractor, or subcontractor employee to improperly obtain or reward favorable treatment in connection with a prime contract or a subcontract relating to a prime contract.
(3) Person. --The term “person” means a corporation, partnership, business association of any kind, trust, joint-stock company, or individual.
(4) Prime contract. --The term “prime contract” means a contract or contractual action entered into by the Federal Government to obtain supplies, materials, equipment, or services of any kind.
(5) Prime contractor. --The term “prime contractor” means a person that has entered into a prime contract with the Federal Government.
(6) Prime contractor employee. --The term “prime contractor employee” means an officer, partner, employee, or agent of a prime contractor.
(7) Subcontract. --The term “subcontract” means a contract or contractual action entered into by a prime contractor or subcontractor to obtain supplies, materials, equipment, or services of any kind under a prime contract.
(8) Subcontractor. --The term “subcontractor”--
(A) means a person, other than the prime contractor, that offers to furnish or furnishes supplies, materials, equipment, or services of any kind under a prime contract or a subcontract entered into in connection with the prime contract; and
(B) includes a person that offers to furnish or furnishes general supplies to the prime contractor or a higher tier subcontractor.
(9) Subcontractor employee. --The term “subcontractor employee” means an officer, partner, employee, or agent of a subcontractor.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 41 U.S.C. § 8701 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 41. Public Contracts § 8701. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-41-public-contracts/41-usc-sect-8701.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.