Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Executive agency contracts. --Unless otherwise specifically provided in this chapter, this chapter applies to any express or implied contract (including those of the nonappropriated fund activities described in sections 1346 and 1491 of title 28 ) made by an executive agency for--
(1) the procurement of property, other than real property in being;
(2) the procurement of services;
(3) the procurement of construction, alteration, repair, or maintenance of real property; or
(4) the disposal of personal property.
(b) Tennessee Valley Authority contracts. --
(1) In general. --With respect to contracts of the Tennessee Valley Authority, this chapter applies only to contracts containing a clause that requires contract disputes to be resolved through an agency administrative process.
(2) Exclusion. --Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, this chapter does not apply to a contract of the Tennessee Valley Authority for the sale of fertilizer or electric power or related to the conduct or operation of the electric power system.
(c) Foreign government or international organization contracts. --If an agency head determines that applying this chapter would not be in the public interest, this chapter does not apply to a contract with a foreign government, an agency of a foreign government, an international organization, or a subsidiary body of an international organization.
(d) Maritime contracts. --Appeals under section 7107(a) of this title and actions brought under sections 7104(b) and 7107(b) to (f) of this title, arising out of maritime contracts, are governed by chapter 309 or 311 of title 46, as applicable, to the extent that those chapters are not inconsistent with this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 41 U.S.C. § 7102 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 41. Public Contracts § 7102. Applicability of chapter - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-41-public-contracts/41-usc-sect-7102.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.