Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The purposes of this part are as follows:
(1) To recognize and address the unique educational needs of Alaska Natives.
(2) To recognize the role of Alaska Native languages and cultures in the educational success and long-term well-being of Alaska Native students.
(3) To integrate Alaska Native cultures and languages into education, develop Alaska Native students' positive identity, and support local place-based and culture-based curriculum and programming.
(4) To authorize the development, management, and expansion of effective supplemental educational programs to benefit Alaska Natives.
(5) To provide direction and guidance to appropriate Federal, State and local agencies to focus resources, including resources made available under this part, on meeting the educational needs of Alaska Natives.
(6) To ensure the maximum participation by Alaska Native educators and leaders in the planning, development, implementation, management, and evaluation of programs designed to serve Alaska Native students.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 20 U.S.C. § 7543 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 20. Education § 7543. Purposes - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-20-education/20-usc-sect-7543.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?