18 U.S.C. § 1308 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 18. Crimes and Criminal Procedure § 1308. Limitation of applicability
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search U.S. Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) to a savings promotion raffle conducted by an insured depository institution or an insured credit union; or
(2) to any activity conducted in connection with any such savings promotion raffle, including, without limitation, to the--
(A) transmission of any advertisement, list of prizes, or other information concerning the savings promotion raffle;
(B) offering, facilitation, and acceptance of deposits, withdrawals, or other transactions in connection with the savings promotion raffle;
(C) transmission of any information relating to the savings promotion raffle, including account balance and transaction information; and
(D) deposit or transmission of prizes awarded in the savings promotion raffle as well as notification or publication thereof.
(b) Definitions.--In this section--
(1) the term ‘insured credit union’ shall have the meaning given the term in section 101 of the Federal Credit Union Act (12 U.S.C. 1752);
(2) the term ‘insured depository institution’ shall have the meaning given the term in section 3 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act (12 U.S.C. 1813); and
(3) the term “savings promotion raffle” means a contest in which the sole consideration required for a chance of winning designated prizes is obtained by the deposit of a specified amount of money in a savings account or other savings program, where each ticket or entry has an equal chance of being drawn, such contest being subject to regulations that may from time to time be promulgated by the appropriate prudential regulator (as defined in section 1002 of the Consumer Financial Protection Act of 2010 (12 U.S.C. 5481)).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 18 U.S.C. § 1308 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 18. Crimes and Criminal Procedure § 1308. Limitation of applicability - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-18-crimes-and-criminal-procedure/18-usc-sect-1308.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?