In this title--
(1) “after notice and a hearing”, or a similar phrase--
(A) means after such notice as is appropriate in the particular circumstances, and such opportunity for a hearing as is appropriate in the particular circumstances; but
(B) authorizes an act without an actual hearing if such notice is given properly and if--
(i) such a hearing is not requested timely by a party in interest; or
(ii) there is insufficient time for a hearing to be commenced before such act must be done, and the court authorizes such act;
(2) “claim against the debtor” includes claim against property of the debtor;
(3) “includes” and “including” are not limiting;
(4) “may not” is prohibitive, and not permissive;
(5) “or” is not exclusive;
(6) “order for relief” means entry of an order for relief;
(7) the singular includes the plural;
(8) a definition, contained in a section of this title that refers to another section of this title, does not, for the purpose of such reference, affect the meaning of a term used in such other section; and
(9) “United States trustee” includes a designee of the United States trustee.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.